Cytometry & Cell Sorting
The cytometry and cell sorting core facility of the Physiopathology Center of Toulouse Purpan is connected to the Life Sciences Technology Platform “Toulouse Réseau Imagerie” (TRI) labeled IbiSa. The facility is certified ISO 9001 (2015 version) and NF X50-900 (2016 version) and offers a wide array of resources and skills dedicated to cell sorting and analysis by flow and imaging cytometry. The facility is integrated in a biosafety level 2 laboratory, is equipped with 4 analyzers, 3 cell sorters and 1 image cytometer. The facility staff provides advice, assistance and training sessions for the use of flow cytometry, as well as courses at Toulouse III University. We can also assist you in the optimization and development of research projects in the form of collaborations.
Analysis and cell sorting, upon request from research teams belonging to academic or private institutions.
Research & development
The engineers of the facility can assist you for the development of novel flow cytometry techniques to meet diverse scientific needs of research projects, in the form of either training and / or collaboration.
Training, advice, expertise
- Training for the use of analyzers
- Help to set up and/or to improve an experimental protocol
- Dedicated help for the design of optimized multicolor panels
- Providing scientists with expertise in flow cytometric techniques required for their research projects.
- Help with the analysis and interpretation of results
- Expertise for private laboratories
- Continuous education
Flow cytometry analysis
- Flow cytometry analysis
- Multicolor surface staining
- Multicolor intracellular staining
- Cell cycle
- Multiplex analysis
- Calcium flux
Imaging cytometry analysis
- Imaging cytometry analysis
- Spot counting
- Nuclear translocation
- Cell cycle
- High speed sorting
- 4-way sorting devices
- Single-cell sorting
Training and support for the use of software dedicated to flow cytometry analysis (FlowJo, Cytobank) and imaging cytometry (IDEAS).
- Cell sorter FACSARlA-SORP: exc 488nm, 630nm, 350nm
and 405nm, 13fluorescences. Configuration (pdf)
- Cell sorter FACSARlA-ll: exc 488nm, 405nm and 630nm,
11 fluorescences. Configuration (pdf)
- Cell sorter FACSARlA-FUSION: exc 488nm, 405nm and 630nm, 13 fluorescences. Configuration (pdf)
- Speed : 30000 cells/seconde
- Sorting of 4 populations simultaneously
- Single cell sorting
- LSR-Fortessa (BD Biosciences) exc 405 nm, 488 nm, 561nm & 633 nm, 16 fluorescences. Configuration (pdf)
- LSR II (BD Biosciences) exc 350 nm, 405 nm, 488 nm, 633 nm), 13 fluorescences. Configuration (pdf)
- FC500 (Beckman-Coulter ) exc 488nm et 633nm, 5 fluorescences. Configuration (pdf)
- MACSQuant10 (Miltenyi Biotec) exc 405nm, 488nm et 633nm, 8 fluorescences. Configuration (pdf)
- MACSQuantVYB (Miltenyi Biotec) exc 405nm, 488nm et 561nm, 8 fluorescences. Configuration (pdf)
Imaging flow cytometry
Contact, booking and self-service
Use of cytometers analyzers in self-service
An adequate training is provided by the facility staff for users wishing to work independently on all analyzers. Autonomy is subject to a quality process.
The applicant must first fill out a sheet requesting the use of the core facility. Next, the staff engineers direct the users to the most appropriate device for their experiments. The user is informed about the rules of use of the facility. An appointment is then made for a training session, at the end of which the user is granted use of the device and can manage his own reservations.
For any assistance, the users must make an appointment with the staff of the core facility.
Use of cell sorters
The cell sorters are controlled by the staff of the facility. Users wishing to sort cells should contact the staff for an appointment.
- Nicolas Blanchard (CPTP-Equipe Blanchard)
- Jean-Luc Davignon (CPTP-Equipe Salles)
- Anne Dejean (CPTP-Equipe Liblau/Saoudi)
- Pierre Delobel (CPTP-Equipe Izopet)
- Gilles Dietrich (IRSD)
- Daniel Dunia (CPTP-Equipe Dunia/Casper)
- Nicolas Fazilleau (CPTP-Equipe Guerder/Fazilleau)
- Nicolas Gaudenzio (UDEAR)
- Olivier Joffre (CPTP-Equipe Van-Meerwijk)
- Roland Liblau (CPTP)
- Nelly Rouquié (CPTP-Equipe Lesourne/Dupré)
- Magali Savignac (CPTP-Equiipe Guéry)